Here's a mini mama update: Many of you know that I work with engineers. My job is to communicate all of their amazing accomplishments. One that I am particularly drawn to has made it onto 60 Minutes twice (no thanks to me, 60 min does whatever it wants without input from me ;)). It involves creating a sensor for the brain where paralyzed patients can move a computer cursor with their thoughts! I am seriously inspired that these engineers will make the world a better place for Aiden to live...for all of us. But I feel better taking time away from him if I can imagine that some of this work will make the world a better place to live. Yes, I have lofty ideals - I work at Brown which is a good excuse - since it was voted the number one school of douches by GQ magazine - no joke. Anyway, I picked up the book above for a dollar. Yep, I figured even if I didn't find the time to read it I wouldn't feel as bad because I only paid a dollar to clutter up my bedside table. I've started many books, but this is the first one I've finished completely since before I was pregnant - yep over two years ago. I really liked the message. The title nearly says it all. You fight against what is expected, and always try to exceed expectations.
Wow, now I'm really getting blah, blah, blippity, blabby... but that is probably because I'm deliriously tired lately. I had such a good ol time at my beautiful sister's wedding and I am so happy for her and David it makes me smile every time I think about it (if you're like me and want to see every last shot from the professional - http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/store.aspx?p=24450 - Oviatt wedding - her name is Liz). The costs were higher for J and I to make it out to party with all the people that know how to have a good time. But if you are with fun/crazy people, you should pay the price and we did. I'm still yawning this week. I also started my RISD Photo class this week - 6:30-9:30pm - Yep, J is the bestest, most accommodating husband ever and I simply can't repay him for all his extra Aiden care time this term. Last night when I got home from class, Aiden was all snug as a bug in a rug and there was a breakfast muffin waiting for me from my thoughtful husband. It really is the small sweet gestures that he's so darn good at... perfect timing for busy day. This weekend I photograph my first wedding for paying clients.... ooo boy, better save up the energy and good luck.
1 comment:
Sounds like things are going well! I am glad you are keeping up the photography!
Post a Comment