Monday, January 25, 2010

do something

We can see so many images from Haiti of people that need relief. I am thankful that people are resilient. I believe that at the core people can recover and choose to accept a feeling of relief. I liked this little snippet from one of the photog bloggers I follow:

"For me, I watch things like what's going on in Haiti, feeling helpless to do anything. Feeling like I'm just this one person and nothing I can do is going to help on any large scale. But I think the key to anything is simply doing something, no matter how small or insignificant it may feel. I've actually been trying to work this philosophy into my everyday life (And believe me, I need it right now.) If the house is a mess and I'm feeling overwhelmed at the thought of cleaning it, rather than wallow in it and do nothing, I'm trying to tackle one thing that's been bugging me. Last weekend, I tackled my closet. And it felt so good to have my closet cleaned that I actually felt motivated to tackle the girl's closet too."

No comments: