J and I got a chance to go out last night (after we all headed to Ikea to meet up with my friend) and it made for a really nice day. We used a gift card from J's brother's family to this nice, fairly new restaurant near our house. Thanks! It took a loooong time to get our food but it was totally worth it (and we had plenty of time before our movie and they gave us free drinks). I had a braised lamb shank with toasted orzo and tomato jus - delicious! J had a filet mignon with their award winning steak sauce. The dessert was a freshly made lava cake with homemade ice cream with gold flakes on it ;) We then headed to see Brothers, which was supposed to be a movie that both of us would like. I liked the parts that I watched, but some of it was too intense and I'm a wimp. I literally closed my eyes and started going through my to do list in my head. Overall, I think it was a movie worth seeing. I suppose the three movies I've seen in the theater the last two years make a bizarre combination - Role Models, Where the Wild Things Are, and Brothers. Someday I'll have to order netflix since there will a couple year period where I haven't seen any movies.
Here are some more Ohio tidbits of us out and about...
PopPop got some fun shots of A playing at the mall:
1 comment:
Yeah for getting out and seeing a movie. We just starting doing red box which works well b/c it is only a buck and you can even reserve the movie ahead of time!
Post a Comment