Saturday, March 6, 2010

audobon

So Aiden and I did get away from the addictive Ok Go videos on Youtube this morning. Since J is out of town I wanted to go some place low key, but different. We headed to the Family Fun Day at the RI Audobon Society which Aiden dubbed "the park" and we broke our cabin fever in the nice warm sun. The absolute highlight was the 1/2 mile walk on their Boardwalk Bay all the way through the tall grass to the water. I honestly think Aiden walked twice as far as he normally would because he was so excited to be outside ;) All in all I think he walked just over a mile all on his own. He was really curious about this group of crows that were "talking" to each other (and I think getting ready to nab a small animal, so we headed on our way before the live Discovery Channel unfolded in front of us). There was hardly anyone around, but Aiden did manage to make friends with this little boy who was trotting along the path and caught up to us.
The Environmental Center was hosting a craft table, so Aiden decorated a shamrock with a orangutan photo and put tissue paper grass and clouds around him. He was rocking the glue stick. He was also excited to complete their little picture scavenger hunt in the exhibition hall. Although the dark room where the skunk was hiding was almost a deal breaker. He did come in after I walked in to push the spotlight on for him...then he kept telling me how "brave" he was to find the "hiding" skunk. There was a huuuge whale that he was trying to hide from. Aiden made "hiding" the theme of the day, but I'm just happy the sun wasn't hiding! We are headed out again to enjoy it some more after nap time...

No comments: