Sunday, September 12, 2010

stone house

We cruised down to Little Compton, RI for date night on Friday.  These photo are borrowed from the Stone House 1854 website, but the photo of the table was the actual table where we sat.  I'd heard about this place twice in less than a month from two sets of unrelated people.  People that live in much more exotic places like LA and San Fran, so I figured I should at least take advantage of being right down the road from this "gem" and it was a good way to break out of our routine.  I surprised J when Rebecca showed up to babysit and he didn't even know where we were headed as he followed the GPS.  It was a very nice dinner in a very cozy tavern tucked underneath the old stone house hidden behind a swinging door.  It was a blend of old and new design, and staying overnight there would be quite interesting (and expensive!)  The poutine we started out with was the highlight, and the steak was good comfort food.  Aiden had a great time seeing Rebecca and telling her all about his new school.  

No comments: