Tuesday, September 28, 2010

tracing

Tracing back over the last few weeks, it's hard to believe how quickly time is passing.  School has been going really well for Aiden and the routine seems to work for the whole family.  He wakes up without an alarm around 7 usually and has a pretty leisurely breakfast.  Then at 8 he's out the door to be dropped off by daddy.  He sometimes acts a little shy when his teacher greets him with a handshake, but he's always interested in going straight in the door (no fussing even when other kids are).  This transition seems so easy mainly because he's so positive about it and hops right on into school every morning.  Part of our obligation to the coop setup is that we help out with classroom tasks.  So I signed up to do some tracing for the teacher to use with punching exercises.  I hope Aiden is excited to punch the shapes.  I think the teacher is right that it makes you feel more involved with your child's experience.

Aiden has a bit of a habit of telling his teacher funny made up stories, which are usually obvious things like having zebra for breakfast.  I guess they are studying continents right now and they were talking about Australia.  Aiden must have chimed in that his daddy went there, so we got this note in our pocket.  Then the next morning she asked J if it was true, since you never know with Aiden (he's very convincing even with made up stories).  Aiden's going to be excited when daddy gets to come in to talk about Australia later this year.
The school celebrated International Peace Day by making peace pinwheels.  Aiden's was in pretty good shape even after being smooshed into his book bag.  It sounds like from Aiden that they all played with these as a school.  I'm looking forward to the first school newsletter so I can learn more about when they've been up to at school... or more than what I can translate from my two year old's explanations.

2 comments:

coviatt said...

I think you should explain that the "punching" that Aiden is interested in is actually "pin punching!" This is using a push pin up and down along a line path on paper to strengthen fine motor finger muscles as they punch out a traced shape. Otherwise people might think that preschool is a pretty rough place. Mommu

LB said...

Haha! They started it today and Aiden loved it! No hitting involved ;)