Monday, October 25, 2010
bday thanks
Third Birthday Games and Cake! from LB on Vimeo.
There is tons and tons of thanks due to my mom and dad for helping so much with Aiden's party. My mom initially found all this Dr. Suess stuff at the bookstore last spring and snatched it up. There were also great Dr. Suess sticker books in the favor bags.
My mom sent me these photos from her friend's desk at school where someone had brought in this hungry caterpillar cake. I just loved it! We added to the face (the original was just a red cupcake) and added the yellow twizzlers as the little spikes on his back.
On one of the many websites (I think it was Party Perfect) I subscribe to I saw these little cupcake topper books. I knew as a kid I would've just loved a mini book. I thought I could make my own. They have actual pages with other clip art. Aiden was pretty fascinated by them.
My mom made storybook watercolors which I just love. (I love them so much the I'm going to hang them up in the the new babies' room.) This is Make Way for Ducklings, and below is the Hungry Caterpillar. There was also the Wild Things, Horton, Hippos Go Bezerk, and Curious George.
We put books and all the character stuffed animals that we have all around the house to decorate. My mom scouted out all sorts of Dr. Suess stuffed animals to match his new books.
Mom made these Wild Thing candy monsters and played a game with the kids where they marched and landed on a number which matched the monster's number. They were all different with juice bellies, cookie heads, and candy galore. The kids just loved them.
My woot lover mom found this deal of the day for a party tent which was a big hit. It held up pretty well with some crazy wild thing kids jumping around in it.
My dad jumped right in to help clean and took tons of fun photos!
I can't thank my folks enough for sharing Aiden's enthusiasm and pulling together so many creative ideas. THANK YOU!
More party photos coming soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment