Wednesday, October 13, 2010

visitors

Just about a week ago we had a treat on a rainy, rainy day. Our friends from Arizona brought a little monsoon action along and it was great to see them even through the misty rain.  Aiden was excited to meet "mommy's friends" and come along on our visit to the RISD "dead things" lab and the art museum in his froggie boots.  (thanks D for all the photos since I forgot my camera - gasp!)  (It was great to see you D and C!)

Aiden singing to his reflection on our way out the door - Rain, rain go away!

Aiden took a break from the museum to put on a dancing show on the block stage:
At first I balked when Aiden went to touch this, but it turns out my two year old recognizes a touch screen better than I do.  It was a big touch screen piece of art.  I'm floored that Aiden won't know a world without this type of technology.
The "dead things" lab (more formally called the nature lab) allows you check out some of these crazy items like a library or you can draw them on site.  We all gawked.
Cardboard guitars for Aiden to name:
We visited our favorite Red Stripe and afterward got some cookies at Meeting Street.  I love D's quote from his facebook post of the photo below: "He likes cookies and ice cream - he devoured one - then was starring at the display case for more"

No comments: