This long weekend's sunshine kept us out of the slump that our colds were attempting to put us into! We took advantage of the long weekend and visited the National Arboretum during their orchid competition display. Some of the little bonsai trees had leaves that were changing color and I'm tempted to go back when all the trees are piquing in a few weeks. I think a picnic in the grove of trees from all fifty states might be nice. We wandered around in the fresh air and had lunch off the food truck under a big tree. KC wanted to make a grass salad for his lunch and he gave us that begging puppy dog look when we shooed him away. Aiden sang the song from the Wizard of Oz and would just spontaneously start skipping around, so I think he was just as relaxed as we are. I took a ton of photos on my phone and even Aiden wanted to help take photos. Next time I must bring the big gun camera along!
4 comments:
I LOVE this! The music, the water, the fish, and the "Wonderful Wizard of Oz!" He even tried to do the Wizard of Oz skip! Love it!
Thanks!
It was such a relaxing place! We are feeling lucky to have all these new amazing places to explore.
Ooh, I've never been there but would love to go! So beautiful.
A's sunglasses are cracking me up!
It's not too far from Casa Brennan - you are welcome anytime! He loves those froggy flip glasses the easter bunny gave him the year before last.
Post a Comment