Despite all the grandparent love we've had lately we were ready for more... J was headed out of town and somewhere months ago I thought it was wise to book a flight for me with both the boys for a fall Ohio visit.
Despite an airline attendant that insisted I take three pounds of stuff out of my overweight luggage...while nursing my small baby in the ergo...while wrangling a little guy (although very well behaved)...while feeling like I was wilting a bit in my determination to make it work.
Despite the security guys allowing my now sleeping baby to stay in his ergo, I had to wait 15 minutes to get my hands swabbed for who knows what... while I thought maybe it would've been easier to wrangle a stroller.
Despite being delayed an hour, we found a nice kiddy table to sit at... although someone, who will remain nameless, may have accidently peed on the back of their shirt... while the gate kept showing Providence instead of Cleveland to confuse us...
Despite a very turbulent, Aiden dubbed "bouncy" flight...both boys were calm and happy...although my very determined baby wanted to help our neighbor with his wine...while mom hoped that the smell of wine may help relax her... while any empty cup of ice makes a very fun baby rattle...
Aiden gets an A++ for cooperating and playing so nicely with his surprise magic ink pad.
Keaton gets an A- for being calm, yet wide awake, but being a little too interested in drinking some of our neighbor's wine.
Despite all the nervousness and second guessing, it was a smooth trip to the land of O-HI-O.
4 comments:
way to go mama for surviving a flight with 2 kiddos on your own!!! very impressive and brave. i hope i can do the same down the road...LB gets and A+++
Thanks! I'll have to think of your sweet cheerleading on the way home ;)
Oh my goodness - you must have needed a glass of wine after all that! Good for you traveling with the boys!!
No wine for mama, but many hands around here make it pretty relaxing! It's fun to be here...
Post a Comment