Sunday, September 23, 2012

books!

We made it to the National Book Festival today, and it was crowded for a reason: it's awesome! A very manageable crowd to navigate and explore the awesome activities. Aiden and Keaton loved the duplo book exhibit, complete with crowns. Aiden just came off a tv marathon week since he was recovering from being sick, so he was up on all his PBS kids shows! We got some one on one time in with Buddy from Dinosaur Train (one of the many characters lined up for visits). The boys scored a new horsey stuffed animal which Aiden named Tony the Pony (he even made up his own song). The storytelling stage had a fun lounge setup back stage full of books and games. My favorite is the book Aiden created which I will have to snap some photos of to share. We cruised up to Capitol Hill for some early dinner at Ted's, where I delighted in a peanut butter bacon burger which disgusted my husband. Ahh, a yummy day...

3 comments:

Robyn (aka Food Girl) said...

What a fun event and a pb bacon burger?! What no pictures of that? I think you need to add a food component to your blog!

LB said...

I was too busy digging in to snap a pic ;) I didn't mention the pb choc shake and homemade peanut butter bacon poptart we took to go!

Robyn (aka Food Girl) said...

WOW that all sounds amazing. You must have been PBed out :)