This was on my summer fun list, but I kept putting it off because who wants to sit out on the sidewalk in 90 degree weather?! It was a beautiful crisp morning for the community wide yard sales and for the Brennan Boys' Honey Lemonade shop. Their first customer was a sweet mom who gave them each a dollar! This was after almost a half hour of waiting, waving at nearly every car that drove by, and drinking about a quarter of the lemonade (I was the lucky recipient of many cups). Those boys danced around with those dollars! Then another half hour went by and the only action was from people trying to buy our bench (not for sale). The boys tried to attract attention by running around in costumes and even putting a Mickey Mouse drawing on their chalkboard. Aiden kept changing the price which started at 10 cents, then was free (donations welcome!), and then up to $7, then he settled on $1 a cup, but he gave deals (like I heard him sell to these young girls, "It costs a dollar, but I'll give you two cups for 25 cents!") Then all of a sudden business picked up with some window service as the hot ticket. They ended up making $6.25 in about two hours which means they paid for all the lemonade and the cups with leftovers to enjoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment