Today we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary! I thought we would get some insight from our babies on marriage - a la Bill Cosby's Kids Say the Darndest Things - so here are answers from a three year old and six and a half year old when I asked them separately from each other:
HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO TO MARRY?
Keaton: "I think I want to be a prince!"
Aiden: "They meet someone, then they fall in love, by the smarts and by the looks, if they are lunatics that have been electrocuted like Ben Franklin."
WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE TO GET MARRIED?
Keaton: "I think small but not a little baby who can't wear rings."
Aiden: "18 and over from what I've heard"
HOW CAN A STRANGER TELL IF TWO PEOPLE ARE MARRIED?
Keaton: "By grabbing their hands, they are looking for married hands!"
Aiden: "They are wearing rings and walking around a lot with each other."
WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR MOM AND DAD HAVE IN COMMON?
Keaton: "Nothing."
Aiden: "um, they are both 34."
IS IT BETTER TO BE SINGLE OR MARRIED?
Keaton: "Single because it's also when people get married, so kinda like being married..."
Aiden: "I don't know about you guys, but I say married because I don't want to be lonely."
HOW WOULD THE WORLD BE DIFFERENT IF PEOPLE DIDN’T GET MARRIED?
Keaton: "I don't know."
Aiden: "Nobody would wear rings and nobody would have kids unless they adopted, but wait there would be no kids!?"
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Keaton: "Marriage ninja!"
Aiden: "First after they do the wedding dance, then a kid pops out and they all start dancing!"
No comments:
Post a Comment