Friday, June 20, 2014

six hours later

We are milking this summer and my philosophy is to get out of the house and then let the kids entertain themselves.  I'm looking forward to exploring some new spots, and hoping that 3 and 6 is the good age combo I think it is.  Thank goodness a potty trained 3 year old is usually eligible for the same fun as a 6 year old.  Kid Junction had a pass available as a daily deal so I snatched it up not quite sure what to expect.  The boys saw me looking at the website and immediately started asking when we were going there.  Turns out it's a great children's museum-esque place with a tiny bit of arcade thrown in... And we spent almost six hours there!  Seriously I could not believe how quickly timed passed as we played air hockey, gave shots to all the animals in the vet clinic, ran a sale on popcorn in the Sunshine Market, made fruit salad to go with our pizza in the parlor, delivered mail all around imagination town, played a few arcade games like the tornado, threw a few skee balls, and mostly climbed, hid and slid in the giant climber. They made about four sets of friends to play with that came and went in our marathon play day.  We ate lunch there and just kept playing. I kept thinking they'd reach a breaking point, and I really wanted to see how long it would take... But alas, the traffic and Aiden's tennis clinic were calling... So with one last chase through the climber - boy did Keaton get fast! - we hit the road for home with two tired guys.

No comments: