Tuesday, October 14, 2014

out and about

I snuck out for brunch at the Mount Vernon Inn and a visit to a new place I've never been with a favorite old friend.  Stephanie and I met in Tucson in grad school, which feels like many lives ago… We both bounced around the country and then somehow landed in Northern VA together moving into the area within a month of each other!  We try to make a point to get out for something new and fun - it usually involves some sort of yarn petting, good food and wine… This time it was some drunken french toast for brunch and a tour around the plantation property a couple miles from Mount Vernon.  There is the home of George Washington's niece Nelly, Woodlawn which is very Georgian.  Then they rescued this Usonian Frank Lloyd Wright home from Route 66 destruction in Falls Church and moved it.  It was so awesome to see and hear about it, and taking hour long tours is not something I get to do very often! 

No comments: