Monday, June 9, 2008

anniversary debrief

Last Thursday was our 4th wedding anniversary. The traditional gift is fruits and the modern day gift is appliances. Hmm, I had a predicament, because J's not a huge fan of fruit and he likes to think that anything of use shouldn't qualify as a gift. Lucky for me, he bought a really extravagant upgraded drum set that he promised would qualify as his ultimate gift for the year. In a sleep deprived stupor, I did remember to bring J's card to lunch with us that afternoon. After our somewhat botched valentine's day dinner, we decided to go to lunch while Aiden was at daycare shouting at puppets (instead of yelling at the robotic moose head like he did at our vday dinner). It was a nice lunch at the Cheesecake Factory where the 40 page magazine menu was narrowed down for us because there was a health scare on fresh tomatoes. We ordered a matched set of compatible, yet different meals so that we could share a bit and that food never disappoints. Then we cruised through the bookstore were I couldn't help but buy Aiden a set of safari puppets (hippo included) with matching books. My gift from J was a chance to hear a complete song created completely by his hands, called These Hands, using some of the words from our wedding vows - That new drum set and all those bass and guitars at work: http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/95243-TheseHands.mp3
I feel like Aiden's lucky to have a daddy that can teach him about music.

No comments: