Monday, June 23, 2008

school luau!


Aiden's school kicked off the summer with a luau this year (last year they had a cowboy hoedown complete with pony rides!). This was a much more elaborate event than I expected with a dj, Polynesian dancers, a bouncey house, frozen virgin drinks, and catered food. They said the best dressed boy and girl would get gift certificates to the book fair, and people really took them seriously. I half expected that Aiden would be the only boy dressed in luau gear, but oh boy I was wrong. I think the little boy that carried a ukulele probably won. J could have let Aiden carry/destroy our real ukulele from our honeymoon, but it wasn't worth a book fair certificate ;) Aiden missed a big nap, so he was calm, tired, and pretty easy going about his raffi skirt, although his flower lei had to go early on because he wanted to eat it. I'd tied strands of raffi to buttons on these shortalls that had a matching hat and layered a little Hawaiian shirt over it.



You'll see him below with his teacher Miss Rebecca (Ms Kim wasn't there because she just got married last weekend and is honeymooning). I think Aiden thinks that Miss Rebecca is his Auntie Liz because he gives her big smirking smiles.

Konked out tired after the party:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I didn't see the other kids from school in their luau gear but based on how cute Aiden looks in these pictures I definitely think he should have won that book fair certificate!!