Aiden's long little legs were peeking out over the edge of his baby car seat. He is technically below the 22 pound weight limit (but probably not by all that much) and the carry handle was buckling if you carried him in it at the wrong angle. He loves his floppy seat in shopping carts and now we'll have to use it in high chairs at restaurants too. The days of the handy infant seat that Aiden could nap in at restaurants are over. No more toting him into school in his little seat so that Kyla character can come over to rock him a little harder than she should. Oh, it seems like just yesterday that I put him into it for the first time on my bed in the hospital.
I finally found the car seat that my parent's had that converts up to 80 lbs that we really like, so it was time for a switch. J took on the task of switching out the base and putting in the new one, which is no fun at all in hot humid weather. It took longer to mess with the seat than it did to cook fish for dinner... and I called him in to eat before it was even finished. By the time we got it in, all three of us were outside (as the weather had cooled) fussing with it. Aiden and I were sitting in the seat to press it down enough to tighten the strap (looking kinda funny I'm sure). It was a nice way to greet the neighbors. Aiden practiced his new wave (which is now facing the right way) and tested out his new seat. In hindsight, it might be smart to get it tested at the fire station ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment