Saturday, October 4, 2008

crafts!

Today was the Pumpkin Somethin Fair at one of the local schools. The highlight was that two friends and I went in on a craft spot to sell my old stock of knit hats (the leftovers that didn't sell at the last fair I did in 2006), jewelry (under my friend's "Chic Unique" label), and my new favorite craft, ribbon clips. My friend came up with this clip for her little girl who has tons of hair and it has a little foamy pad so it won't slip. I was super excited by her idea to call them Clippopotamus clips and she even created a little hippo wearing bows as the logo. The clips sold well, but the rest of the stuff had a lot of competition. There was tons of cute knit hats for sale and most were really good deals, so even though I was selling hats I had to buy some too. Aiden especially liked the lady that was selling this very european looking silly hat. She used to work at Hasbro toys on the My Little Ponies and had all sorts of fun stories to tell. We also had to get a pumpkin hat with a little curly stem to wear to the pumpkin patch tomorrow!
Here is a little video from the flip:

2 comments:

Robyn (aka Food Girl) said...

I love the idea to have the hippo with your clips :)

Rebecca said...

Yeah Knack Craft! When are we going to open our store? xoxo