Friday, November 14, 2008

drawing


Aiden loves to draw. The teachers talk about how he just loves to sit with a big boy crayon and scribble away. Or better yet if they bring out the big guns - the markers - he just about loses his mind. (It blows my mind too that they give my itty bitty baby markers - oh where, did my itty bitty baby go?) We have numerous new batches of art that come home from his table time art projects.

His love of all things paper leads him to strut around the house pointing at any scrap paper he sees until he has quite an impressive stack of papers. Our friend had brought over some Barack'o lantern-presidential-election-roohaa templates to inspire our pumpkin carving (all of which we thought required pretty advanced carving skills) and this particular sheet that says HOPE is Aiden's favorite. He snagged my pen and all I kept thinking is that I HOPE he doesn't poke his eye out with that pen. I really did keep a close eye on him and he was being really good about it, until he started poking the paper and that's when the pen was snatched away...but at least he had a chance to decorate his HOPE.

NOTE: You'll notice that I think we have a leftie on our hands! I tested it out and even when he picks it up with his right hand, he ends up transfering it over to his left.

Also, I gave Aiden a haircut with a pair of safety scissors (little bit by bit) and he has a little boy forehead bowl cut now! He just kept looking up at me as I snipped away, as if to say, "Mom, don't they have professionals that do this sort of thing?!"

1 comment:

Erin and Sylvan said...

wow! aiden looks so much older with his haircut! i love that he's in the lefty club with me:)