Monday, November 10, 2008

no more bush

Happy Monday morning! Last week was a productive week...for our country and for us. J and I were voters number 291 and 292 at our local precinct (at 8:45am) and we literally walked in and out within five minutes. Other people I know voted over a week early and waited in line for over an hour. We went to be part of history, but the biggest impact we probably made while voting was supporting the school bake sale. Pumpkin bread never tasted so good. We won't get into the carefully calculated political theory, but J has a book deal with Princeton in the works on the morality of voting.
This weekend J topped off his accomplishments for the week by pruning down the big butterfly bush (when we pruned it back last spring it only caused it to grow larger, so this time we weren't shy about it). Aiden and I cruised the neighborhood and when we arrived back J had finished taking the whole bush out. His joke which really amused me: "No more Bush, OBAMA!"

No comments: