Here are the few good things associated with the boiler bust 2009: Obama just signed a bill last week that gives us $1,500 back on our taxes next year (which is great because we always owe so much on taxes it will be nice to offset it). The gas company likes it if you replace insanely inefficient systems so they are going to send us a $1,050 check in a couple months. You know if your rebates are that much we are talking boat loads of mula. Yep, I'll break the suspense - It is an unexpected cost of nearly $10,000! Aiden, if you are reading this in 30 years and that doesn't seem like that much money because inflation is all screwy - it is A LOT OF MONEY for today's terms!
Yep, I'd planted this little seed in my head of a summer cruise to celebrate our 30th birthdays and 5th anniversary, but instead we'll maybe have a romantic dinner next to the boiler. I'd even researched whether Aiden was old enough for the cruise ship daycares, and on some he wasn't quite old enough to enjoy it... so we'll just have to plan that cruise to celebrate later.
The boiler blues were extended when the brand spanking new system did not function correctly the night they put it in and Aiden's room, our office, and the bathroom were still cold. They did fix it first thing the next morning after insuring for me the night before that nothing would explode, implode, leak, or dribble on anything. I would've had them come out immediately, but Baby AB had some trouble getting to bed that particular evening - I think he just too excited by the new boiler. ha.
Well, so just when I thought, ok money is just money, we can handle it and at least we are all healthy and warm again. It was all settling down and I was on my way to my yearly gyno appt. I've had some minor issues lately that I won't really get into, but the gist of my exam ended in a referral to see a surgeon for what could be (you can sense my denial with the word could) a "revisional episitomy". Yep, let's just say there are bunches of skin where they are not supposedly to be because they gave me a face lift down there that was too tight after giving birth. I asked how invasive it might be, and the doctor (that I will never see again if I have my way), answered with, "it will be like you just gave birth again, but you will probably be getting more sleep." Seriously, not what anyone wants to hear.
______________________________
We're just going to cut off that depressing train of thought, for some more fun reports:
- We kicked off last weekend with our late valentine's celebration to see Stomp. It was fun babysitter time for Aiden. Stomp was also sorta a comedy routine and I expected it to be more like the show Blast. We both really liked it.
- Aiden had his first visit to the Children's Museum on Tuesday. They have a new play area that it really popular for littler kids. We are members now, so we will definitely be back there again soon. I'm hoping we can get over to their Suessational event this weekend.
- Aiden took his first forward facing ride in his car seat this week. In his nanny's car, his seat was more upright and his little legs were just getting too long. With me sitting in it we finally got it good and snug. Reading online that over 80 percent of car seats are installed incorrectly, I decided to sign up for this car seat check event to double check today.
- Aiden went to visit the duck pond down the street with his nanny yesterday. It wasn't his first time, but the first of the season. When I got home

(from my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day - I might try to read that children's book to make myself feel better - looks like the same author has another one called, Alexander Who Used to Be Rich Last Sunday - I need that one too - good coping strategy right), Rebecca starts to explain how when they arrived all the ducks/geese were swimming nicely and as Aiden called at them, they started to "swarm." I sorta froze as she said that word, and started bracing myself if she showed me his duck bite. But, phew, no duck bite drama, they managed to get away and Aiden shooed the duckies away from Rebecca's arms. In the mean time, I've spent some time listening to cheer me up ukulele music - which doesn't a ukelele just cheer ya up. This Danielle Ate The Sandwich chick cracks me up. She can raise her eyebrow and I giggle. If Aiden continues to sleep this morning, I might even be able to squeeze in some baby video therapy. I'll be sure to share my edits in case you are having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. If you have any other fun cheer me ups, do share.
1 comment:
That photo above your less that good news blog has to be one of my all time favorites. I think it could win a prize! Yes, some days are terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days...but Aiden has the ability to make me think that most days to come can be terrific, wonderful, really good, very nice days.... Can't wait to see you and try to cheer you up! Mommu
Post a Comment