Um, it's February already?! Where did January go? I guess I spent it somewhat in denial that the holidays were over. Goal: Relax as much as possible, get used to a new routine, and ignore work (I can't write about work stuff, but it's "in transition" AAA-Gain.) This winter we have tripled our average snow fall and oh boy, yes we've noticed. It hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected (I owe a lot of that to Gymboree I think).
Monday A and his nanny went on a walk around the block with his wagon! Yep, last monday it was nearly 50 degrees, but our snow cover remained, and then another storm hit on Wednesday. Now as I type this we are seeing nearly 50 degrees again! wooopee! Aiden and I cruised around the neighborhood for about 45 minutes this morning and he quickly fell asleep to the rumble. During this first stroller ride since November, we were still rumbling over puddles and slush, and I don't expect our snow cover will disappear immediately, but it sure was nice to be out getting some fresh air. I am typing this as A continues to snooze in his stroller. I just wheeled it in the door with wet tires and all. So worth it.
Aiden was a good little party guest down in Southern RI yesterday. A friend that was pregnant at the same time I was was celebrating her son's first birthday. She knows how to throw a good party. She had "kite krafts" and two matching awesome kite cakes, since they spent so much time flying kites on the beach waiting for her little one's arrival. Aw, perfect blend of sentimental and sweet. She was the one that gave me the first year soundtrack idea....and they had a great Volume One (complete with Editorial comments on why they picked each song - love it!)
Let's see, I feel like I have some extra time to keep writing with Aiden snoozing over there. What other random blog thoughts do I have?... I was thinking while Aiden and I cruised, that I have five pregnant friends right now (plus so many more with new little ones). I think that most mom's have this secret pact to not tell the first time mom's how crazy life will be...or at least how dramatically it will change. Maybe it's not so much an intentional withholding of information, but you just can't really explain it. I have friends here that I tried to milk for information while I was pregnant. I'd ask about something specific and they would give me a vague, "oh, yeah, that...you get used to it". That is true, but sheesh can you fill me in. I come to find out that one of my friend's that has three kids was all vague about her labors because she "didn't want to scare me" - yea, she had all this meconium-related-really-scary stuff happen with her first. There is also this weird condition where you forget a lot. You really do adapt and get used to a lot of things you never would expect you'd be able to handle. Parenting is something millions have written about, millions more will read about, yet it is still nearly impossible to fully describe.
No comments:
Post a Comment