The simple, everyday little things that people around me do to support and to cheer us on, you make me a better mommy. Thanks!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
better mommy
To my mom, who makes me a better mommy: You're always there to remind me of the words to the rhymes I can never remember, and bring a smile to Aiden's face when you sing. You've taught me the importance of giving back and not giving up. If I could go back in time to those nearly failed SRO dance performances in fifth grade or that biology test I failed in college, I'd listen closely to what you said to encourage me. I would want to hear how you handled those situations, so that I could remember how you brought a smile back to my face. Let's hope that I'll remember more than just the rhymes you've taught me, so that I can share with Aiden.
To my husband, who makes me a better mommy: Just this week you accidently scared some baby bunnies with the lawnmower, and you took the time to scoop up those little itty bitty baby bunnies and make sure they were safe and secure again. I know you would do the same for your baby buddy and for me. I know that you would do just about anything for us actually... all of your hard work and your time outs to take care of us make me feel safe and secure.
The simple, everyday little things that people around me do to support and to cheer us on, you make me a better mommy. Thanks!
Thanks to my thoughtful husband who sent flowers for me to enjoy at work all week, took Aiden over to stamp his hand on this pretty plate, and even picked up some peanut butter from this little shop in Maine while he was there for a conference this week. He's also enthusiastic (not-so-much, but feigned excitement at a minimum) about reading and doing a project in this new crafty book that he ordered for me. We'll see how that goes... For now, I'm off to eat some of that yummy breakfast you're cooking up. Yummm, smells good.
The simple, everyday little things that people around me do to support and to cheer us on, you make me a better mommy. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know my favorite joke lately is to ask people if they know the definition of "genius?" And then I say, "It's any normal grandchild." And that gives me the opening to talk about my favorite topic, grandchildren, with them. I'm thinking about a new joke and asking what is the definition of "satisfaction?" and saying, "grownup daughters" as the answer. Not at all funny...like most of my attempts at joke telling, but it is how I feel. I can't imagine what my life would have been like without you both .Aiden is one lucky kid. Mommu
your blog needs a 'mascara alert' lately!!!!
Post a Comment