Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Woaaah!
What a good time! I hardly know how to explain all the fun we had at Lizzie and Woah's wedding celebration extravaganza. We kicked off the week with a nice easy flight to Ohio (probably the last where Aiden doesn't get his own seat - thank goodness!) O-HI-O is even more fun when the almost the entire family is in town at once. Thursday we had the crazy coed Bachelor/ette party while Aiden partied it up with Gran and Pop - they deserve a huge thanks for getting him down for us! Downtown Willoughby did not disappoint and was dubbed the Vegas of Lake County.
Friday we started out early visiting Squires's Castle for Liz and David's engagement shoot with the wedding photographer that Liz and I worked for in Tucson. He shot some awesome shots and I just can't wait to see the wedding photos soon. We took a quick trip to the apple farm to try to find Liz's favorite apples but we were ten days too early for her variety. But Aiden had a great time tromping around the farm and picking out little pumpkins. Then we headed over to the Rehearsal Dinner (before the rehearsal which was scheduled for the next morning). We all enjoyed the yummy Italian food and the "Lizdom" my mom shared with David. Aiden started dancing at the restaurant and there wasn't even any music - turns out he was getting warmed up for his dancing fever the next night.
Saturday we headed over for the rehearsal in the rose garden at Mooreland (same place where J and I got married over five years ago). J got all set up for his duty as the musician (which he did so well despite cold fingers - everyone liked the Journey Don't Stop Believing finger style guitar arrangement - so subtle and fun). Aiden made a touchdown getting the pillow all the way up to David during the rehearsal - and he was told he'd get playdoh if he gave David the pillow (which he is surprisingly loud playing with because he tells you the colors and what he is making). He chanted "Woah gets pillow, A gets playdoh" as he marched down the long path to the front of the garden. We had my cousins on backup for the actual walk which went fairly well. He got excited that dada was playing guitar (which we were worried he'd insist on playing), but he was distracted by playdoh). He and the other ring bearer (3 months younger) paused at the fountain (which was turned on for the first time) and I thought the pillows where going to be floating in the water. Luckily my awesome cousins were all on the baby herding patrol and they managed to get him moving again. I wouldn't really call it a processional but they made it up the aisle. All I hoped is that they would make it without any fussing and they did! Thanks to my uncle Gib here's a video snippet of the baby wrangling:
Wedding babies from LB on Vimeo.
Aiden ripped up the dance floor the minute it opened. It was wild to watch him. He was so excited to dance and clap! I joked that I had enough ham bone to make some really good ham soup. My sister's friend told me that most kids are good birth control for her, but A made her want to have a baby - ha! He danced with his favorite family members. He lasted until just past 11pm, which is when he was dancing on his knees. He was getting so sleepy but he wanted to keep going! His sweet daddy took him home and they were both out when we all got home.
The next morning was a big family picnic at Daniels Park, then we headed home. Woah, quite the whirlwind of fun!
More photos on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2453509&id=10108168&l=40602e14fc
I promise more video snippets soon... Thanks to Auntie "Hedter" for the fun stickers, toys, etc..there is a fun video for those too...coming soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that is such a priceless video of Aiden as ring bearer. thanks for sharing!
I love the walk down the aisle! Good job to your cousins, that is woahhh to cute;)
So many distractions - fountains, flowers, people and adorable little girls and dresses but Aiden did so well! I love the little shoes and his tux. He is adorable but Liz was a beautiful bride and Mommy Lauren looks pretty spectacular too :)
Post a Comment