Tuesday, October 5, 2010

octoberfest

It's always fun to break away from our usual haunts, so we cruised on down the road to New Haven, Connecticut on Sunday.  We had an invite from my old friend Lara to visit during their neighborhood Octoberfest.  It's such a remarkable neighborhood to pull together so many different people in such a festive event.  The main attraction was a chili cookoff (with quite a few entries!), a bouncy house (which Aiden stayed in for about 1/4 of the time), tractor rides, chickens, and a playground (which Aiden named the castle playground, which is his designation for top notch).  There was also a Sorcerer Magic Show, which spooked Aiden, but I think it was just a ploy to get back into the bouncy house.  Then to cap off the evening they had square dancing, which was surprisingly fun!  I teased J that I was going to surprise him on our next date night with a trip to the VFW for some square dancing ;)  Thanks Lara for inviting us!  Here are some snippets - the first part was visiting the ridge that looks over New Haven:
New Haven from LB on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Looks like so much fun, and good job J being a sport about getting soap bubbles in your eyes:)

LB said...

I was laughing at J's expressions from those bubbles ;) We did have a great time thanks to Lara!