We headed over to Aiden's school for the fall potluck tonight. I was amazed at how many people were there on a rainy evening. Talking Carl on the iphone helped me keep Aiden from falling asleep in the car after a no nap afternoon. Aiden immediately saw one of his classmates when we walked in and was excited to say hi and was energized. We gobbled down some eats and treats and got a chance to say hi to some familiar faces. We saw people we knew that we didn't even know where associated with the school.
I'd asked the Director if I could take some classroom photos for my RISD class project and create a "What is Montessori" brochure for them. She lent me her keys and I got to poke around in Aiden's classroom taking some photos. The absolute highlight was this sign hanging on the door - it made me laugh:
I went back out to the party and asked Aiden what he wanted to be when he grows up and he repeated with a smile - "I want to be an adult!" The lady next to us laughed and said that sounded about right. Then the guy on the other side said that he wanted to be a kid when he grew up. Aiden said his favorite cake was lion cake, of course.
Here's a peek at Aiden's friends at school:
Here's peek at their other classroom friend:



2 comments:
An adult! What a practical and sweet child :) What is lion cake? Is this some new phenomena that I'm missing out on?
I think he's referring to the cake he had for his second birthday where the lion mane was made out of chinese noodles. Wish it was even more interesting ;)
Post a Comment