Aiden asked J today, "I get *another* birthday?" He actually slept in a bit this morning and when he woke me up (by throwing his animals down the stairs), I started singing Happy Birthday to him. He said from the hall, "Whaat Mommy, myyy birthday?" I hopped out of bed and made him some birthday mickey pancakes, which he insisted on eating while decked out in his leftover party hats. He headed to school with a big batch of A cupcakes he'd helped make the day before. They sang the birthday song about each year of his life (with photos from each year we sent in) and he came out to greet me at pickup with a big smudge face of frosting. We went out to dinner and he smiled a big broad smile when they sang to him and delivered a sundae. He already asked me when he gets to have his next birthday. Just before Aiden headed up to bed, I went out with my mom friends for a second dinner at the Grist Mill. It's hard to believe that it's been three quick years since I became a mom!



No comments:
Post a Comment