Dear Second Baby Brennan,
Here I am seven doctor's appointments and ultrasounds later having only written one post about you total. Be assured this isn't because of lack of excitement or that everything has been the same as it was with your brother (it most assuredly is not the same!) but this time around it has felt incredibly low key (despite a few jarring moments and bouts of sick). The other keys in my life are playing a big fat symphony, including that full time job that I'm squeezing into psuedo part time hours for another two months and that very active brother of yours.
I'm hoping/dreaming/believing that you will be just as low key once you arrive. Please? I have heard from so many people that second babies are "easy," usually I'm skeptical that they are just trying to make me feel more relaxed. All I ask is that you inherit my sleep genes. Your dad and brother have a warped sleep gene that makes them the equivalent of a nocturnal monkey.
I found a midwife that I truly like which seems like a miracle. She's the perfect blend of easy going and serious and partnered with a great group of doctors. I am looking forward to taking a different path with your birth which will not include that ridiculous epidural detour I took with your brother.
I've already started feeling you bounce around in what your brother calls "the baby house." During my last ultrasound we watched you kick off one side and hit your head on the other side, and I could distinctly feel it. You're going to be a strong kicker I can already tell. I love it, but thanks for being gentle. I can't wait until your dad and brother can feel you too. Enjoy all that space you have in your baby house right now. I'm so lucky to have friends to send along their maternity gear this time since most of my stuff is summery. (Thanks!)
My belly button started popping out like a broken turkey timer about a week ago, which I'm not thrilled about. But you know what, I'll take it, in exchange for a nice low key sleeper. Heck, you can permanently distort my belly button if you sleep through the night by let's say 2 months? Deal? It's definitely interesting going into this for the second time completely aware of the crazy sleep deprivation on its way.
We have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. The next ultrasound is right around then, and I just can't wait to watch your acrobatics again. Do me a favor and don't be shy, we'd like to get to know you more...and help your brother understand who to expect in April.
Time is flyin and I hope that continues until you are wrapped up in my arms. You are loved, Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment