Monday, November 8, 2010

philosophy

Daddy's home from a trip to a conference and oh boy, we are glad he's home.  It started raining the day he left and rained for three days straight!  My philosophy was to keep my sense of humor no matter what... if that can be a philosophy at all - I think according to this funny clip from Martha Speaks it can be:
It was wet outside, and all our noses were wet on the inside.  I ended up with what I think was an ear infection, which is still lingering a bit.  One of our doors had a knob break and there was a big package blocking the other one from opening, so I was holding a big bag of trash locked in my house.  We ran out of cat food at one point and late at night I gave the whiny cats some rice krispies to hold them over until morning.  The cats just looked at me like I was nuts.  Aiden decided that he wasn't at all interested in shopping for cat food the next morning and tried out his new trick on me for the second time this week - run and giggle until mad mommy catches me.  Yep, I did manage to keep my sense of humor.  In between all the minor annoyances, we had lotsa fun playing card games (go fish and new addition old maid/skunk - where Aiden likes being the skunk), cars, trains, and marble race (which is not ideal with multiple marbles and an ear ache, but I blocked my ears).  I guess we were due for some down time after all the excitement lately, but our withdrawal period was a bit harsh. Yay for daddy being home!

No comments: