Saturday, January 1, 2011

happy new year!


Baby 2 at 22 weeks in Ohio
Happy New Year wishes to everyone!  Cheers to an exciting 2011!

I rang in the New Year by sleeping.  I can't imagine a better way to kick off a year of future sleep deprivation.  Aiden and I plan to party with our tivoed versions of the ball drop later on ;)  To the left is a photo of us only five short years ago screaming in the new year at a comedy club in Tucson.  It was fun to reminisce about the runny eggs they served for breakfast at 12:30am and think back on how much has changed in such a short amount of time.  We had no idea as we screamed in 2006 that we would be moving our lives from Arizona to Rhode Island in just a few months.

This year is predicted to be another big one for the Brennans!  There is a chance that we will be moving somewhere (yet to be determined) this summer with an infant and a 3 year old.  I get that tears tickle when I think that our new baby may not spend his first xmas season in Massachusetts/Rhode Island, but I know we will be happy wherever we are.  I'm just a big sentimental sap, and I lamented that we may not have a photo in front of my mantle (the one I had built for hanging Aiden's first xmas stocking) next year.   J joked that we'll just have to come back and visit the buyers ;) (willing there is a buyer!)  This first house will be tough to leave behind... Aiden's first home.  Oh, I'm getting ahead of myself since the pregnancy hormones are raging.

I'm feeling good lately.  Trying to take it easy as much as I can which I think will be much easier now that my work life has finally ended.  I think if I added up the craziness last term, it may qualify as the busiest I've ever been for that long.  August to December was just crazy and I feel pretty good at how well I maintained it, but I'm really glad to have left that window of time behind.  I'm ready for a slower pace, and more deliberate life.  I look forward to having more choices in how I spend my time versus working on Drupal (despise!) and other work related uh-hmm-crap.

The baby is so incredibly active lately.  Whenever there is something fun going on outside the belly, he jumps all around and knocks to come out and play.  He really seems to like a good belly laugh.  He can definitely hear what's going on and when we went on our date to see Tron I think he was excited.  He got an epic bout of the hiccups for about an hour the other night - I just laid in bed thinking about how I'd love to be asleep, but I will miss this feeling when he's on the other side of the belly.

Aiden says that "My baby can hear me and wants a tickle" and he'll push his little ear up to try to hear his brother "talking" to him.  I tried to tell him that that baby can't talk yet, and he told me that he talks by crying and then pretended like he could hear 'his' baby crying from my belly.  He asked if the baby would like to play Wii the other day.  J's folks got us a Wii for xmas and J found a deal on a Fit board.  Surprisingly, my huge pregnant self came in with a Wii Fit age of 30 - I cringed thinking it would be worse, but minus one year from my actual age ain't bad.  A nice little boost when you feel like you're entering the whale stage.  Honestly, I don't feel that big this time because I know that it gets much, much bigger.  I have a feeling that this upcoming year will be much, much bigger than the last too.  Here's to enjoying it just as much.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Loving your cute baby bump shot...thanks for posting a photo:)

LB said...

Thanks Anna! That's from the day I saw you, so you got to see the live version too ;)

Unknown said...

You look so adorable! I'm so sorry we missed you guys when we were up...we would have loved to see you!

LB said...

Thanks Jess! We missed seeing you guys too! Hope everyone is back on track.