Your party at the nature center was led by a naturalist. It was what one mom called "pure comedy" hearing you guys respond to her questions about animals. An example, the naturalist asked the kids if there was any kind of animal that liked to eat everything, you replied with "My dad!"
Play but always lose because I still want to play!
Would you rather have to sit all day or stand all day?
Sit because standing all day is kinda uncomfortable for me.

Would you rather be a parent or a child?
Child because I already am one and I want to stay like this forever.
Would you rather super strong or super fast?
Super strong because I already am super fast!

Would you rather be chased by five zombies or one werewolf?
Five zombies because zombies can't run that fast.
Would you rather get 20 of your favorite treats on Halloween or 50 treats that aren't your favorite?
20 favorite treats because I wouldn't really want to eat all 50 of the others.

Would you rather sleep in a coffin or live in a giant pumpkin?
Live in a giant pumpkin because then I could make hundreds of jack o lanterns every halloween because I could just take chunks of my pumpkin and carve it.
Would you rather wear your Halloween costume to school every day until Thanksgiving or have to wear a jack o lantern over your head to school for the first three days of November?
I would wear my costume because the jack o lantern would be disgusting with my head where all the seeds and stringy bits are...ug.

Would you rather get to go on a one week vacation anywhere you want or go on a month long vacation but within 200 miles of your house?
Month long vacation close to home because then I could take my legos.
Would you rather be able to give your teacher a report card or be able to write your own report card?
Neither because I don't really know what a report card is...

Would you rather go on a long hike in the woods without any shoes or have to spend a day at the beach in your winter coat?
Spend a day at the beach in my winter coat because there might be thorns in the woods!
Would you rather receive just socks or just dictionaries for your birthday?
Just socks because dictionaries are boring because all you do is learn words.

Six years old - I can't even get started on the 'how is that possible' [!], because I always end up with a lump in my throat. Whereas you are already telling me what you'd like the theme of your next party to be ;) The years are flying by and regardless of how old you are I hope you hold onto one thing. One thing that is so essential - Your enthusiasm. You have a certain zest that I hope shines and never dulls with age. I'm betting that it's just an essential part of who you are - I will do the best I can to polish it when it needs it, but mostly just let it shine.

No comments:
Post a Comment