Tuesday, January 15, 2008

baby pictures

Aiden saw his first movie in a real theater today - Juno! Tuesday mornings at 10am there is a new movie shown as part of the Showcase Cinemas' "Baby Pictures". They leave the lights up a bit, provide a changing area in the theater, and turn the sound down (to protect sensitive baby hearing). My mom and I headed to the theater expecting just a few stragglers at this early movie. Turns out it's the hot ticket in town for new moms. There were at least 50 people there, some with itty bittie babes that just slept and others with active three year olds that just wandered around the big theater. There were only a few moments when some baby was fussing making it a little hard to hear. Aiden seemed to like the big flashy lights on the screen when he wasn't eating. I liked the movie and it actually made me miss being pregnant. It was the first movie I'd seen in the theater in a long time and it was a good one.

2 comments:

Kristen Culliney said...

That is an awesome idea...wish they did something like that here! I hope all is well and good luck with starting work this week!

Kristen

Julie T said...

Ditto to Kristen's comment - Good luck on the transition back to work! It is a challenge but I am sure you will find a great balance and all will be well!