I went to sleep last night thinking, oh darn I forgot to blog that Aiden is over his bottle strike. We had figured out that if you take him to an area where I don't spend much time he doesn't get distracted by my "smell" and he takes the bottle without as much trouble. The night before last he was good to go. Daddy brought him up at the normal 3amish and I was feeling more rested than I had been since before the holiday. Well, I would've spoken too soon, since last night he had the same fussy bottle blues. We thought he was going to be back on track just in time for my return to work a week from today.
I have such mixed feelings about returning to work. In a lot of respects, I can't imagine not spending all of my time with my baby. I haven't spent more than 5 hours at a time without holding him or feeding him in the last 70 days. We're really lucky and grateful to have my parents here to take care of him while I transition back to work. They will take him for my first week back as we figure out how much he will eat during the day and how he'll react to not being with his mom. And probably more importantly to give me a chance to get used to being away without having to think too much about whether he is happy with a bunch of strangers. I can't wait until Miss Lynn (his new caregiver after the end of the month) feels more like she is part of our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment