Friday, January 25, 2008

flex schedule

Four bottles a day, max five ounces each. That's the plan after my folks helped take care of Aiden during my first week back. He was slurping it down quickly and even though we tried to cut him back he was determined to eat that much. We think we have better slow flow nipples than the other slow flow we started using initially. You can't "set your clock" by this kid's schedule like my friend can with her kid, but he had some trends. He will eat between 7:30-8:30am (with dad), 10:30-11:30am, 1-2pm, and 3:30-4:30pm just like the breast fed baby charts suggest. It's a relief to have some inkling of what to expect and how to prepare for Aiden's day care, but I'm sure things will change... I know that every kid is different, but anybody with kiddos have input on how much their kid was eating at three months? I'm thinking that we will just try to be as flexible as possible with this growth spurt prone kid.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, Ben's kind of a squirt compared to most babies. He's definitely a light weight, but we generally were sending four 5 oz bottles with him to day care for a while. I would nurse him in the morning before going to day care at like 6 am. Then he would basically be fed every 3 hours after (9, 12, 3, 6). Usually, he would not use the 4th bottle but occasionally, he would wake up at like 4 or 5 am instead of 6 am (when he was supposed to) and so then he'd have 4 bottles at day care. I'd always nurse though from the point we got home and would save the 4th bottle, if unused, for the next day. Luckily now, he's really down to only 2 bottles at day care, so at least I don't feel like I'm pumping my day away at work anymore!