We almost slept through the New Year. We had a nice invitation to our friends' house and we lasted until 10:30 even though J was drinking red wine and I have a cold. When we got home, we thought maybe we'd just go with our normal bed time routine and skip watching the ball drop. Well, it turns out Aiden wanted to eat around 11:00 just after I'd hit the sheets, so J brought him up. After he finished snacking, we were all dozing off and I barely realized they were counting down until I heard 8-7-6-... J bolted up in bed and Aiden looked us with wide eyes as we smooched him. I think he was trying to figure out how he can get us to go from quiet to excited mode in the middle of the night like that. This kid has tried a lot of tricks to try to get us to play with him in the middle of the night.
At the party, they were calling Aiden a night owl because he was so awake and alert. I kept thinking how can you tell if something is a night owl if it sleeps every couple of hours. This kid doesn't have a bed time yet, but I dream of the day! My friend's almost two year old little girl was fascinated with babies, and they easily convinced her to "go night night, just like the baby"... but I'm not sure they really mean juuust like the baby. Night night with this baby isn't terrible, but it isn't fun either. We have a pretty good routine to give me a block of sleep where J keeps him downstairs with a pumped bottle (thank goodness this kid is good at taking a bottle!). He usually brings him up around 3 or 4am, he feeds and if I'm lucky, sleeps another two hours before he wants to eat again. Although lately he's wanted to power eat which means I'm just about awake the rest of the night. I go to sleep every night thinking maybe tonight is the big night - he'll sleep through the night for the first time?! I swear we're having a breakfast bonanza party that morning! Let's just hope it's before I go back to work...eek.
No comments:
Post a Comment