Dear Aiden,
Yup, mommy's going to try to write you a note every month. Even if you are embarrassed or bored by them, I hope that if you have your own kids you can read back over them while cuddling your own little cuddle bug. As I write this, you and dad are snuggling up and watching the Super Bowl - the one where the Patriots may make history with a perfect season. I remember when I was pregnant I wanted you to be a World Series baby. The Red Sox did make it a good season (capped off with World Series win) and kept us occupied in those tired nights when I laid in bed with my belly wedged between five pillows.
We went to a party when I was around 8 months pregnant and some confused guy said that it looks like I could have a baby during the Super Bowl... my tired back and achey pelvis screamed - no way, we want to meet this kid well before then. I couldn't imagine waiting that long to meet you (and that was when I loved being pregnant). So, now the Super Bowl is really here and we really know you now. I figure I've known you for about six months of awake time due to all our late night cuddling.
You're beginning to sleep in longer and longer stretches. In the past couple of weeks, you've developed a reputation for being a 4am party animal. You are usually up to eat around 1-2am and then you will drift off into a sweet slumber. Then right around 4am you wake up not really interested in eating, but instead you want to play. Just the other night was your dream come true. You were having trouble with your cough and boofy illness, so Daddy and I took you into the bathroom and turned up the hot shower (to get some muggy humid air into your sad lungs). We danced and sang and you were super excited that we finally got with the program. You really are the best spirited sick kid with big smiles after you cough.
It's hard to believe that you are 3 months old. I feel like I'm frequently saying I just can't believe how time flies and how much can change in such a short amount of time. I was going back through all of your videos which seem like a documentary of cheek growth. You seem to grow cheek chub one week and then stretch to grow into them the next week... and then repeat. You have really grown a nice little chub suit compared to those first few weeks.
One of my favorite things is how you like to use one little finger to hang on to the table on your swing... or to point at your lips like a little thinker. You started this a long time ago, even in those first few days (there is even a photo in your birth announcement with you pointing at your cheek). It's only just recently that you've started grabbing onto us when we hold you and stretching out those little fingers as you snag our shirt collars.
I just paused in writing this to feed you and the pats were winning. I thought for sure that daddy would be dancing soon. Sometimes when he dances you mimic him with your bouncey legs. But instead the pats just let it slip, which just goes along with the theme of our rough week. Oh well, you are still smiling through your struggling cough... gotta just keep on, keeping on... Love, Your First Time Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment