Wednesday, February 27, 2008

go with the flow

We’re going with the flow. I’m thankful that after being sick my flow is going back to full effect. I was down about 50% of my normal milk output and it wasn’t a good feeling. I liked this little pumping icon idea my friend posted on her blog that had a baby super hero saying “I make milk, what’s your superpower?” But while I was smiling at that, I was worried that my supply was off. I called the warm line at the hospital and they suggested that I try an industrial, hospital grade pump to get things ramped back up. They also said they could test my pump and make sure the tubing, motor, etc was up to par. My pump checked out well and the hospital pump rental was a good idea. Their other big suggestion was rest, which is hard to come by lately. Today and tomorrow we have big wig visitors at work and I start my RISD afternoon class (so I won’t miss much time with Baby AB, instead I can get out of work at 3, since it’s considered work related and paid for by them), J has two events in a row on Thurs night, and then we have a big student event on Friday. This sort of week used to be exhausting even when I used to sleep at night and I wasn’t a milk producing machine. Luckily, I have my valentine’s massage scheduled for Sat afternoon. Also, it’s already mid week and my supply seems to be creeping back to normal. I feel really lucky that it didn’t seem to effect Aiden’s eating habits. They did say that my supply was probably more temperamental with the pump, but I’m glad that he didn’t get fussy. I’m so grateful for my folks being here this past weekend to keep me company while J was away. I credit them with keeping Aiden happy with little cuddle sessions and helping me sneak in some extra bits of rest. I can’t wait until they flow back into town with Auntie Liz in a couple weeks!

No comments: