Friday, February 1, 2008

just done

We're all just done with this week.  Aiden's ready to be done with this little cough and hot box syndrome.  Mom and Dad are just done worrying about his care.  After J calling and leaving everything on good terms with a good ol - It's not you, it's us - the care lady showed up at our house last night while J was away.  She was nice enough to bring back all of the stuff we had left there (extra diapers, wipes, and my liquid gold frozen breast milk) and to give me a nice dose of condescending-you-sure-are-a-first-time-mom when I finally found my voice to tell her that I'm not comfortable having a blanket full of spit up wrapped around my sleeping baby's head.  Oh, well some parents ask for no blankets and some don't care, and you know you can get them tested for SIDS (!? besides the point!) was her response.  Well, ok, I just don't feel like we have the same style and I don't want to have to be the demanding mom, so sorry.  She insisted that I come to her mommy night in February (because "I have a lot to learn" - uh ok), and I just tried to say I'd feel awkward, but thanks.  This woman just doesn't listen to me, but I am listening to my gut. My gut says this should just be done already.  

No comments: