Monday, February 11, 2008

reaching out to celebrate 100 days

Today Aiden is 3 months, 1 week, and one day old, or a grand total of 100 days old. wowo! I went to pick Aiden up at daycare today and he was pulling on the mobile toys in his bouncey seat. Not tapping or holding after mommy puts his fingers around it, oh no folks, this was grabbing at the ring and pulling. He was holding onto it when I arrived and I had to ask the teachers if they had put it in his hand. They said, oh no he loves to do that. He would let it go, it would swing and he would grab it back again. Then he was doing it with both hands. I was so excited I couldn't help but watch him play before scooping him up into his bundle outfit.

We planned to celebrate valentine's day early (since the grouchy people in J's department planned a big talk/dinner for the 14th), so we ended up going to one of the good ol chain restaurants close by for dinner. I'm not sure if Aiden was fussy because the robotic talking moose on the wall was kinda creepy or because he doesn't like to sleep much at day care. We did manage to squeeze in dessert (it was an imitation pizza cookie that couldn't even come close to oreganos in arizona). We made it home for Aiden's real party which is a big pig-out-eat-non-stop-from-mommy fest.

Here's our little guy waving starfish man around this weekend after I stuck it in his hand. It's official that he could grab it for himself if he wants to ;)


No comments: