Monday, February 18, 2008

a complete week

We made it through a whole week! A whole week of feeling normal, being on schedule, and up to speed. I started puttering out Friday morning, but I was determined to keep going and make it through that day. It was supposed to be my complete week of normalcy. J brought me lunch and I wasn’t sure the rest of the day would go by fast enough. I made it until closing time, and felt somewhat bleh but well enough to take a deep breath and head home to my smiley boy.

Aiden did his first craft project at daycare by stamping his chubby feet on paper. There is nothing like some blue baby feet stamps to brighten up your day. I compared them to his footprints from the hospital and he sure is getting bigger. They also sent us the March calendar including which books he’ll be reading and which projects are coming up. By the end of March, he’s apparently going to be advanced enough to make a “snowy scene out of cotton balls and glue” - Hmm, I guess this kid is going to be eating glue earlier than most. I’m hoping that Miss Maria takes charge of that one. In the middle of March he’s going to be exploring with ice, which if I had a guess, he’ll have a strong preference one way or the other. I hope he likes it.

So as I’m getting giddy about the daycare craft projects and how they are teaching my kid soo much good stuff, I realized I was getting achey and I mean really achey. My whole body had the worst headache. J ran out to get some dinner and I was struggling. I barely ate my dinner and didn’t even make it to the ice cream treat he’d picked up to celebrate making it through a whole week. I end up in bed for the next 48 hours or so with a 103.3 degree temperature that hung on for a while. I deliriously fed the baby J (aka super dad) carefully delivered to me in order to ensure that he could get all the antibodies from my breast milk as possible. We’d figured he’d already been exposed to the nasty bug, so we might as well be sure he got the fresh antibodies my body was in hyper drive creating. He’s doing fine so far, and if he stays healthy that will be another big star for breast feeding. Whenever we call the doctor they are very happy that we are still exclusively breast feeding, and I honestly don’t know what I would’ve done when he was sick earlier and would only eat with me and I didn’t have a full supply. I am pretty convinced that we would sleep more if we added formula into the mix, but it just doesn’t seem like it would be fair to his developing digestive system given that both J and I had bad allergies to formulas as babies. I’ve bounced back to at least 75% thanks to a good ol dose of rest and the windy morning swept me into work today. Super Dad gets another day with playful baby boy since day care is closed and students have off today. Let’s hope he decides to rest with daddy so they both stay healthy. I’m hoping to make it through another week.

No comments: