Monday, March 3, 2008

4 months!


Dear Aiden,

You're becoming such a big boy. I can hardly contain myself when you try something new. Granny was just as excited as your mommy when you found your thumb the other day. Most of the time the thumb is sorta a waste of time though and you find it more fun to try to eat your entire fist. We popped you into the exersaucer sometime around the middle of this month and you bounced around like a big boy. I credit your strong legs that even impress your doctor from all that working out you did in my tummy.

This month wasn't the healthiest, but you managed to avoid the nasty-flu-shot-resistant bug that mommy fell ill to twice. You went back for a follow up appointment and your ear drums are completely healthy now. Your doctor confirmed what my slight soreness suspected, you have little teeth buds popping out on the bottom. Yep, seriously, early little teeth! Your drooly and biting your bottom lip a bunch all makes much more sense. Throughout the teething and the ear infections you've kept your happy giggles as the number one priority. You never appeared sick through all this ear gookiness, and we never even fussed to warrant any tylenol. Your smiles are the best medicine.
Here's your little chomper impression getting your tooth massage in with your new ring:



You are a talker. I mean you are seriously trying to get us to listen up to whatever it is that you are thinking. You will talk back and forth with us with the most serious intentions. You talk like you really have a point to make and then when I finally seem to get it, you giggle and sigh with relief. Sometimes you even talk at the tv, which with the flashy lights and color is super fun. When you aren't talking you are grabbing and pulling on anything you can get your hands on.

You get praise from the day care teachers that you are "so easy and happy". Day care may be kinda germy, but you seem really happy to be there. They do have that rockin cool bouncey seat with the rings you can grab and pull to make that birdy chirp and spin. You sure like your bouncey seat and you even seemed to like it when this other little girl broke away from her teacher and gave you some biiig bounces. She bopped you on the head once when I was putting you in your snuggle suit, but you didn’t even flinch. You're a pretty easy going kid, even when you get splashed by cold water by accident during bath time. You just continued to gnaw on your chubby fist and give me that wide-eyed-oh-come-on mom look. You're even easy going enough for a fierce mohawk marsupial imitation.

You brought home your first foot print art and I look forward to more kid art. We're going to need to buy a new house for all the cabinets full of art since you've started so early. Daycare has a photo of you on your crib and bottle holder now. I might just need to get a copy someday even though daddy doesn't think it's your best look. You are sticking out your lip just starting a little laugh in that photo. I can't quite get those shots probably because I have a big scary camera most of the time, but even with the little camera you get camera shy. That explains the many wide eyed curious face shots instead of your giggle puss face.

Poppop dubbed you Cheeks McGee and you are sure keeping those cheeks chubby. Daddy sure can make you giggle with kisses on those cheeks. You have some other chubby cheeks that have officially grown out of the 1-2 swaddler pampers. We decided to give in and use the cruiser diapers after you blew out every extra outfit and managed to get your teacher this week. The cruisers seem too big, but I guess you are officially between sizes and bigger is better in this case. I know you're gonna just grow into a bigger and bigger boy and I hope we can enjoy a healthy, happy new month...

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Liz said...

what a cutie!! can't wait to see the little guy!

Anonymous said...

you have such a beautiful baby. i love the mohawk!