We had the high chair ready and all day I wondered how Aiden would react to the rubbery spoon filled with single grain rice. I didn't have many expectations, but when I first opened the cereal to find finely ground saw dust looking stuff I was surprised. The doc said to make it pretty soupy so I mixed about a half tablespoon with about 2 ounces of breastmilk. It looked like some sort of plaster. We broke out the cool guitar bib (from Becca! thankso) for this special occasion, but I quickly realized we will need to get some plastic bibs. He seemed to like his high chair and looked up at us with anticipation. He immediately chomped the spoon and gurgled a little goop at us. Then he started to munch and swallow and he wanted more and more. He had moments of flustery fussing because he couldn't really eat it fast enough. He wanted a break from the chair about 3/4 through for some nursing, then he finished up the last bits.
Here he is excited even though he doesn't know why:




Aaah, satisfied...
4 months, 1 week, and 1 day old
2 comments:
i think that last picture of him with the smirk is my favorite of all time!
Yeah guitar bib!!! I found some great mexican oil cloth bibs - so easy to wipe stuff off. Do they have mexican oil cloth in RI? Maybe you can order online. :)
Post a Comment