Friday, March 7, 2008
sleep
Getting any sleep? Seems to be a fairly common question. It is then followed by some story on how their son or daughter either: A) slept through the night at 2 days old, B) slept through the night around 3 months and then stopped sleeping through the night every so often just for kicks, or C) never slept through the night and is now a teenager that stays up all night. Just a few weeks back we started putting Aiden in his crib for at least the first dose of rest at night. He's done better and better with getting some good chunks of sleep, but we are still up about twice a night for num nums. We (and the doctor) are not worried though and we feel we're giving Aiden what he needs... emotionally, nutritionally, and physically. I'm not going to get into whether we should let him cry it out because that's more overdone than talking about the presidential candidates. We don't let him cry so that we can sleep. That is what we think, but everyone can think whatever they want to think. I'm pretty sure that when the doctor approves some cereal added to his diet he will sleep longer. But for now since he is so efficient at digesting and gleaning nutrition from breastmilk, his little tummy is empty and hungry more often. I don't mind the extra cuddles we get and I like thinking that I get to spend some extra time with him. Those nighttime half sleepy giggles are my favorite get-me-through-the-day memories. It's also good for my overall supply to get that prolactin flowing at night. I'm sure I'll miss these baby cuddle days, so I'll take em as often as I can get them. I'll sleep when he goes to college.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment