Thursday, March 13, 2008

my day

Aiden is developing a schedule. He switched from a 4:30 to a 5:30 party animal with the time change over to daylight savings this past weekend. I guess it takes a time change to really notice how consistent he is becoming. I'm excited that his schedule may shift to closer to the normal start of a day since 4:30am is a bit too early to cut out the deep sleep option!

He wanted to share with you his day in the life at 4 months old:

4:30/5:30 am – I wake up ready to party, but usually Mom will bounce me back to sleep or I will eat while doing my ferocious tiger imitation just to keep her on her toes.
6:30am – Dad will scoop me up after his shower and we will go play on my favorite, the changing table or a close second, the big chair. If I’m really lucky he will help me learn his new drum pattern and I will giggle at mommy once she is dressed and ready for work.
7:10am – Mom gets ready to head out the door. I usually like what she’s wearing, but if not, I will boof or spit drooly bits onto it.
8:00am – I usually take a cat nap and then get a little 2-3oz. bottle to start the day with daddy. Daddy sometimes reminds me of a doodlebop because he sure can make some funny googoo faces.

9:00am – Daddy drops me at daycare, where I play in my swirly birdy chair before I take a snooze (as long as that loud crying girl is out or asleep!)
10:30am – Miss Maria gives me a 4 oz bottle, a diapy change, and then I try to snooze some more.
1:00pm – I have another 4 oz bottle, which I sometimes don’t feel like finishing. I mess up a few diapers all day long, but I’ve been getting better about not blowing out my outfits now that I have these really big silly looking diapers.
4:00pm – My last bottle before I head home, although every once in a while I prefer to wait for mommy because that warmed up milk just isn't quite the same.

4:45ish – Daddy usually comes to get me, but sometimes it’s mommy. I cruise home where I have this really cool exersaucer with a smiley frog which – you’re never gonna believe this – hangs down close enough for me to get in my mouth.
6:00pm – Mom and dad eat while I play in my super stimulation kicky chair. It lights up and plays music when I kick, but sometimes it gets boring and I prefer to snooze in my aquarium swing.
7:00pm – Mom and I get in some serious num nums, sometimes a bath, and play/story time.
8:30pm – Mom or Dad puts me down in my crib where I like to gurgle a bit and play with my feet. Sometimes I will watch my safari mobile or the birdy circle projections on the ceiling… Those can be very distracting though if I really want to sleep.

10:30pm – I wake up ready for some more eats from my sleepy Mommy. Daddy usually scoops me out of my crib and gives me a good snuggle before he drops me in Mommy’s arms. She is usually really slow and tender with me so that I don’t wake up completely.
1:30am – Sleepy num nums are my favorite, and sometimes I make a treat in my diaper because I love to see my changing table mobile in the dimmed light.
4:30/5:30am – Repeat the fun.

P.S. Mommy is happy that I like to eat just about every three hours, but maybe I'll stop eating at 1:30am?! She's such a funny mummy and I think she thought I'd sleep longer by now. Nah, it's just too much fun to eat and cuddle.

No comments: