Monday, April 14, 2008

rested baby!

Yeah! He slept well last night only waking at 2am for just a bit. I think Aiden was just trying to get up early for his fan club in Ohio. You'd think he'd be tired from all that bouncing and laughing in so many laps. The sleep is touch and go, but I'm glad that he is starting to get on track more and more. If he can really get in a groove before his 6 month mark I will be satisfied! Sleep is the new topic of the month for J and I, but the gist is that we are taking the flexible, no rules approach. We aren't ready for the long drawn out crying, so we are trying some other approaches first. So far Tracy Hogg, Baby Whisperer seems to be my favorite idea. The trick is you pick them up over and over again, but you don't bounce them until they are asleep you just put them back down as soon as they are comforted. I think our gurgle puss will have no trouble comforting himself, but I just worry that he'll not go to sleep but instead kick and play with his feet for hours... so we'll see. I promise a big Ohio trip update complete with photos soon! I'm cheating posting other snippets before the fan club trip update. Oh, the suspense...

No comments: