Sunday, April 13, 2008

since the 7 hours

The night before we left for our big trip to Ohio (more to come on all that fun!) we found a routine that somehow worked for Aiden. He slept nearly seven hours, which breaks his 5ish hour record and creeps closer to what an adult human would say is a full night's sleep. Versus the APA saying that sleeping through the night for an infant is five hours of sleep. Now I did not sleep 7 hours straight, but a good chunk of it. I woke up with mild pain and let's just say that it felt like there was tissue expanding out under my arm pit. Regardless it was a nice treat before our big trip, but I knew we'd be breaking his routine. Since Tuesday night his sleeping grade has slowly declined and he's become a 3am party animal (which is better than 4:30am because it gives me hope of getting him back to sleep with a considerable chunk left in the night)...buuut he stayed in his crib and would eventually fall back to sleep. I think my success getting him back to sleep without too much fussiness was the mattress my folks had for him in his new ohio nursery, so we went and got him the same mattress here in mass. We're off to go see if it works tonight! More stories on Aiden's first big trip tomorrow.... Thanks to everyone - We miss you already!

No comments: