
Dear Aiden,
As you woke up this morning you didn't really cry, you yelled out like a big boy, saying "hey, mom isn't it time to play!?". As I write this you're competing with me for some keyboard action. You even seem to look at me like I'm crazy when I delete your key stomps. You have a daycare runny nose and now that you are a big boy you don't like it when we wipe your nose (something you learned from that Kyla character at daycare). You're now distracted from the keyboard because you are noticing our kitties, Sophy and Peanut. You want them to be part of your fan club, but they aren't sure they want to sign up...they say it's something about not having any place to keep your membership card...sounds like an excuse to me.

This month we visited the Ohio chapter of your fan club. We will have part two of that visit this week when we go back for Mother's Day. I think we'll even get a chance to recruit new members since Uncle Gib will be in town. Last time when we came home you got quite the welcome home from dad. As we were riding down to the baggage claim in the glass elevator you became a giggle puss and your arms were reaching out for daddy with a big smile. You knew it was daddy and you must have missed him.
You are still sleeping like a teenager trying to wake to party late and trying to sleep in, but getting a new mattress seemed to help a little bit. I'm convinced you'll grow out of waking up a bunch and we're just lucky that you get to sleep without too much trouble. Your bath time has always been easy, and this month you got a new big boy bath seat. At first you'd hold on to the rim, but now you just lounge and some times try to splish splash.

Dad's been playing this up balance game with you and your strong legs for a couple months now, but you've got it mastered now. You even pull yourself to standing. We can't wait for more tricks. We're excited to have the skype video calls set up so that you can continue to get in some special appearances with your fan club. We look forward to getting closer and I'll admit to tearing up when I watched your six months then and now review video (coming soon!).
Love you,
Mommeee
No comments:
Post a Comment