Wednesday, June 25, 2008

locks of love

I was mildly embarrassed when I would be in a meeting and notice someone staring at long hair strands full of Aiden slobber. I was tempted by photos of Sharon Stone and Natalie Portman with pixie cuts that kept popping up on my favorite yahoo links. I was worried that I would look like Kate from the John and Kate Plus 8 tv show. I was thrown off when Aiden would start eating my hair when I was trying to talk to his teacher at pick up time. All of these things led to my impromtu third Locks of Love donation, my overgrown hair, just perfect at 10.5 inches with a half inch over the required amount. My first donation was on our honeymoon, and my second was only about a year and a half ago. Both of those times I hummed and mummed about it for a bit, but chickened out and went for a simple bob. I was bored with that idea and I knew that those bobs always turn out to be more work than they should be because my hair likes to flip out. I needed a hair cut where it wouldn't matter if it flipped out.


I wanted something that I can wet, shake, and walk out the door with (but per J's request wouldn't make me look like a boy). Verdict is still out on whether this cut will do accomplish that, but it has potential. If I end up hating it at least I have my locks of love donation to know that it was worth it. I hope some little kid is more comfortable and gets a smile from wearing some of my hair (which Aiden has kissed/slobbered for good luck). J's verdict is still out, although I think he's warming up to it. He said it looks rockstarish when it's pulled forward, so I guess Aiden's guitar tye dye onesie works for the new look. I'm sure I'll get better pictures sometime, but it's dinner time soon.

9 comments:

Anna said...

You look like a hot mama!

Lara said...

such a stylin mom!

Sarah said...

OMG...I LOVE it! I think it totally looks like Natalie Portman..and she's HOT too!

Rebecca said...

You LOOK AMAZING! I love it! SUPER CUTE CUT!

Missing you....

Anonymous said...

super, super cute!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!

Robyn (aka Food Girl) said...

Very chic! I think you could totally pull off some long dangly earrings too...perfect for summer :)

Bonnie said...

Having seen you in person I have to say again that your new haircut is positively wonderful! It is chic and modern and it enhances your fine features I didn't think you could look any prettier than you already did, but this style really does make you even prettier than before.

Aunt Bon

coviatt said...

I think I like it from the picture, but I can't wait to see it in person. Love, Grandma