Daddy dug us out of the snow covered driveway just in time to cruise down the snow covered streets to Gymboree this morning. It was fairly clear, so I figured we'd break up the snowy days for Aiden by getting over there. There are many more days of being cooped up all cozy in the house, so I was glad to drive just a few miles down the road despite this weather. I forgot the camera somewhat purposefully because I really wanted to experience it instead of trying to document it and juggle a camera. It was nearly empty with only two other families, so we are going back next week for the full experience, but Aiden just loved it.
We waddled in all bundled up and he ran right into the play area the second his feet hit the ground despite the snow pants and booties. He started saying woooaah (his new favorite word) and pointing at everything. He grabbed my hand and started to take off to the bouncy cylinder. There were all these mats lined up and sometimes he'd biff it in between the uneven spots. He'd say ooh and stand right back up looking for more balls. He loved the wooden bridges and slides during open playtime.
Then Gymbo the Clown came out for circle time and he immediately ran up and gave him a hug and a very loud kiss. The teacher said that Aiden should be in a commercial for them because he was sooo excited about everything. She asked if he was always this happy and he promptly replied with a giggle. They have these amazing bubbles that are made out of gylcerin or something. You can actually stack them (up to 14 she said!). Aiden's static hair literally had them off every strand of hair. I wished I had my camera for that! Next time...
Although she did get into some of the singing and games we mostly did open play time. The absolute highlight was parachute time. Aiden spun around in circles making his ooh, aah noise.
Since it was sorta a snowy day they said that we could come back for a "real" class next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment